Internet for Events
When you livestream an event, you need a strong internet connection. Without a reliable connection, you risk having a failed live stream or fluctuating signal strength. That means your product or message doesn’t reach your audience and you miss the opportunity..
If you’re at a venue with poor WiFi or no ethernet options, you may have to rely on a cellular connection. Varvid’s cellular bonding solutions give you a robust connection for your entire event.
Going Live with Cellular Internet
You have plenty of options when it comes to using cellular internet, including:
Phone tethering is one of the most convenient ways to stream using your cell phone’s internet. If you have an unlimited data plan, you can set up a mobile hotspot and allow your phone to be the internet source for your encoder device.
While phone tethering is relatively inexpensive and readily available, it is not the most reliable option.
Many issues can arise, including:
- Quickly draining phone battery
- Your device being less available for other tasks
- Poor cellular signal when multiple people join the same connection.
- Inability to sustain the bandwidth you need for streaming
You can purchase a hotspot from your cellular service provider. These devices convert 3G and 4G signals in WiFi, so you can access the network with other devices. Most often, hotspots come with a prepaid data plan and hours of battery life. Some models can even act as backup batteries or charging stations.
While this method is more reliable than a phone alone, you have to be aware of your data limit. If you hit your cap, your bandwidth will drop and your connection will fail. It can also be challenging to stream from a crowded area.
What is Cellular Bonding?
The most reliable way to stream is through cellular bonding. Cellular bonding allows you to combine the signals from two or more carriers. Therefore, you get a stronger signal and more bandwidth even in crowded or remote locations.
If one of the signals drops, cellular bonding will automatically switch to the stronger connected signal. This provides an almost failsafe way to keep your connection strong. Some cellular bonding devices will both acquire a network signal and do the live streaming.
Cellular bonding gives you:
- 99% success
- Quick and seamless startup
- Quality streaming
Some cellular bonding products can even combine Ethernet and WiFi signals for a more powerful connection. This type of technology gives you WiFi on public transportation, transmits signals from security cameras, and provides videos to first responders.
We execute our cellular bonding projects in three stages:
- Site survey. Weeks before your event, a tech will survey the streaming site and gather information about the cellular connections available in the area.
- Configuration. Our team will optimize equipment to work in your specific locations.
- Set up. Hours before your event, our team will set up cellular bonding equipment so that you have the internet connection you need to reach all your viewers.
Call us today to find out more about how our solutions can help!